My Guest on the Show…
She’s been the leading lady on local tv for nearly 15 years and now, she is stepping into the next chapter. She’s also my leading lady in life and the Mama to our crazy kiddos. We sit down and she answers the ONE question EVERYBODY has asked us since she resigned from her position.
“How can you just leave a job? An income? Are you scared?”
Many of you know our debt free story and how we were buried under $52,000 in debt in 2010. For those that don’t, well, we tried to keep up with the Jones’ for too long and well, it got us in BIG trouble. Expensive cars, stacks of credit cards with racked up bills, way too much crap and trips we had no business going on. We HAD to make some serious changes.
We had to adopt many new habits and behaviors to get rid of the excess and the debt. We still live under those principles to this day. These habits are what made giving up an income and moving into our next chapter of life, completely possible.
During our interview, Andrea and I break down our Top 5 Money Hacks that we still live by today. We credit each one for helping to get us diminish our debt nearly 8 years ago, move into this next current phase of life and still manage to love each other BIG.
Today we discuss:
- The dreaded “B” Word…yep, BUDGET, I know, but it works…however, we have a fancy schmancy way of spinning it so it feels awesome.
- The beauty of Sinking Funds aka little online piggy banks that make for saving for special treats easy and seamless.
- The importance of an Emergency Fund. Trust us, that AC unit will go out in June, in Phoenix, while it is 110 degrees outside.
- Old Cars. Yes, we drive 10 year old cars with 160k miles on them and we do not care what the peeps next door think.
- The “$100” rule. We adopted this years ago and it still happens, with every purchase. It’s a must.
Are you enjoying the podcast?
If you do, would you be willing to leave a review for the show here? The more reviews the podcast receives, the more people will learn about it!
The Money Peach Podcast is brought to you by my #1 online program for showing you how to budget, how much to save, how to manage your debt payoff, when to save for retirement, what to teach your kids about money, and how to build a legacy to last beyond your lifetime.
If you find yourself continuing to live paycheck-to-paycheck and wondering where all the money went at the end of the month, it’s time to finally make a positive change. Welcome to the class they forgot to teach you about money – Awesome Money Course.
Mentioned in this Episode
How are you going to afford this? [5:47]
Implementing the Cash Flow Formula [9:26]
Paying off debt [12:46]
Couponing to save money and sinking funds [16:26]
Creating an emergency fund [18:14]
Getting on the same financial page and never giving up [21:50]